My experiences and perspectives on living abroad in Italy.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Confusing Emotions

Okay.
I really am trying to enjoy myself.
I don't understand how I can go from being interested one minute to apprehensive another?
I feel like a ship that has lost it's anchor.
But I am determinded to stay in the positive mindset that I left with. I have a feeling that once we get to Italy and settled in I will feel much better, I will actually have a closet(I hope anyway) so that I don't have to unpack my suitcase everytime I need an outfit. hehehe! I sent out post cards today, damn expensive buggers those stamps.
Oh..Katie (hehehe) I thought of you the other day when this old English man came up and started conversing with me; Even though he was old as soon as he spoke I became weak kneed. lol so I can't wait to see you over here.
Okay..I'm starving so I'll share more laters.
Ciao

2 comments:

Char said...

It's often difficult to find the anchor within yourself, at least I thought so when I lived abroad for a year in Switzerland (way back at the dawn of time when I was 18!). But you'll find it. Take some deep breaths and go for it -- a bit, I suppose, like rapelling off a castle wall in Wales. Oh wait, you did that, didn't you? See, you can do this too. Je t'aime, ma fille.

katieisakiwi said...

Yo yo yo. I know you will be fine! I think it's perfectly normal to have some crazy emotions when you know that you're going to be gone for so long and you're constantly being hit by new things. I agree with you about feeling more settled once you're in Italy, so treat this like the amazing vacation it is!! Miss you!