My experiences and perspectives on living abroad in Italy.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Day Before The Dawn Of A New

I woke up this morning...(well aha duh) and realized that after tonight, for the next 9 months I'll be looking up at a different ceiling, waking in a different bed, and living an ocean length away from my home.
It's not that I haven't realized this phenomenon before, because I have but it always felt so far away and unreal. However now it being only hours away the illusion is replaced with the reality of what is happening.
(Living Abroad)
Don't misunderstand me, I'm very excited and quite looking forward to new faces and places; however I am nervous.
"Will the animals be ok"? "Will I like it over there"?
"Will home feel the same once I return"?
Then again anyone leaving for this long a time would I'm sure feel the same.
But once I think about what an amazing adventure this is, the butterflies in my tummy swarm with anticapation.

No comments: