My experiences and perspectives on living abroad in Italy.

Monday, August 25, 2008

To The Man I Call Dad

My father,
My dear old dad,
My comic relief,
I am exceedingly greatful to you for reminding me of the day that is to come, as the next sun rises.
The fact that we will be leaving the place I call home as well as the many loved ones I hold close; entirly escaped my mind.
Who knew there was a purpose behind all that packing, cleaning, buying, stress, and farewells we went through?
I thought it only a game
Silly me...
I'm so fortunatly blessed having you as my father,
and if I where as smart as you...
I'd wait to pack my suitcase the night before leaving as well;
only to then have my wife pack it for me.
What brains, what exceptional foresight, what remarkable grey matter resides in your cranium! Ah! To be the daughter of one so impressivly perseptive is somewhat intimidating, What would I ever do without a dad like you?

No comments: